Member Benefit Profile (MBP)
How Do I Look Up My Employees' MBPs?
To locate employee Member Benefit Profiles (MBPs), log into myVRS Navigator:
- Use Person Search to locate the employee’s record.
- From the Demographics panel, click the myVRS button.
- In your employer access view, select the Annual Statements link from the My History drop-down menu.
- Any MBPs generated for the member will be displayed.
If you need to print multiple MBPs:
- Select Annual MBP Detail Listing from the Reports menu in myVRS Navigator.
- From the report results screen, check the boxes next to the employees' names for any MBPs you want to print.
- You may print as many as are displayed on the screen. Page through the report to print MBPs from each page.
Why Is the MBP Important to Your Employees?
Using the promotional resources on this page, encourage Plan 1 and Plan 2 employees to view their MBP through their myVRS accounts. The MBP is your employees' annual benefit statement based on information you reported to VRS as of June 30. It provides account balance information, retirement eligibility and eligibility for other benefits, such as group life insurance and the health insurance credit.
You can direct employees to About Your Member Benefit Profile to learn more about their annual benefit statement.
Note: MBPs are currently not available for Hybrid Retirement Plan members. However, myVRS now offers additional services for hybrid members. In addition to viewing their defined benefit and defined contribution account balances from the myVRS homepage, hybrid members now have access to the Benefit Estimator in myVRS, which allows all members to enter different retirement date scenarios and see estimates, based on their combined defined benefit and defined contribution accounts.
- Download the MBP Flyer
- Print copies of the flyer and post them around your office building.
- Post the link to the flyer on your internal employee website or intranet.
- Include the link to the flyer with the MBP messages provided below.
- Encourage all employees to log-in or create a secure myVRS account to view their member information and other benefits.
MBP Promotional Message for Employees
Use this message in an internal communication to your employees, such as an email or newsletter:
Be the MVP in Your Retirement. Review Your 2017 MBP.
The MBP is your online benefits statement providing important information about your retirement and other benefits as of June 30. You'll find it by logging into your myVRS account. Plan your retirement strategy today!
Retirement income on target? One of the most important features of your MBP is a retirement income analysis. This feature shows a total retirement income estimate compared to a retirement income target of 80 percent of your compensation as of June 30. The retirement income estimate combines your estimated unreduced benefit and a Social Security estimate. Your analysis includes tips for "closing the gap" between your estimated retirement income and your 80 percent benchmark.
Plan 1 and Plan 2 members: View your MBP now. Go to myVRS to log in or create a secure online account.
Hybrid Retirement Plan Members: Go to myVRS to log in or create a secure online account. You can view your defined benefit and defined contribution balances and create benefit estimates. In addition, you can monitor your voluntary contributions via myVRS. A summary of your voluntary contributions percentage appears on your myVRS homepage as a reminder to maximize your employer match while saving for retirement.