VRS is taking the following precautions based on recommendations by the Commonwealth of Virginia and health guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Virginia Department of Health, limiting unnecessary travel and person-to-person contact. If your team experiences any issues related to communicating with VRS or transacting business with VRS, please contact VRS Employer Support. We continue operations and are here to serve you.
No in-person services are available at VRS offices or onsite at regional and employer locations. We are assisting employers and members online, by phone or webinar. Members should access their myVRS accounts or call 888-827-3847 with questions about their benefits. Retirement counseling appointments also are available by phone. VRS continues to process retirements and other member requests, pay retiree benefits, issue refunds and respond as quickly as possible to your day-to-day needs. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary times.
VRS will update this page with important information as it becomes available.
Latest Operational Updates
- To help you answer members' questions about hardship withdrawals from their defined contribution plans, please see resource box at right. Emergency withdrawals are not allowed from the Hybrid 457 Plan. Under limited circumstances, emergency withdrawals are allowed from the Commonwealth of Virginia 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (not all employers have elected this plan).
- VRS is investigating a secure solution for submitting forms if you do not have access to a fax machine. We are also considering alternatives to signatures on documents. We will update you as soon as possible. In the interim, please remember that email is not a secure form of transmission.
- When you encounter reporting issues (e.g., contract extensions, leave without pay, short-term disability, voluntary contributions), please refer to the Employer Manual and the Hybrid Retirement Plan Resource Center for VRS Employers, which address many questions. If you need assistance with a special case, contact your Employer Representative.
- Encourage employees to register for or log into their myVRS accounts for detailed account information. The myVRS and myVRS Financial Wellness toolkit offers pre-written emails, intranet messaging and short posts that you can easily share with employees to help them access myVRS and take advantage of many helpful resources.
- VRS has processed the retiree payroll for March and retirees will receive their benefit payments as scheduled on April 1.
- myVRS Navigator and EZLink are web-based systems that are available to you from any location where you may be working. myVRS Navigator is best viewed in Internet Explorer 9 (IE 9.0) and above. The site is not designed for mobile devices.
- If you call or email VRS while working from home or a location other than your office, please provide your mobile number and the best email address to reach you.
- Review your agency's contact roles in myVRS Navigator. Your security administrator may add or delete other user contacts, based on their business roles in your organization. To designate a security administrator, your agency's primary administrative authority (PAA) must submit an Authorization of Administrative Contacts (VRS-67A) . At this time, VRS will accept completed VRS-67A forms by fax at 804-786-9718.
- Employer roundtables are canceled until further notice. The Employer Representative team is exploring alternative avenues for communicating virtually with employers and will provide updates as soon as possible. If you need assistance, contact your Employer Representative.
- Employer training is available online through recorded webinars and e-learning courses. Visit our online offerings. If you are new to your role as a Benefits Administrator and need support, please contact your Employer Representative.
- The VRS Member Outreach and Education and Training teams will not participate in employer benefit fairs or on-site training for individual employers until further notice. Please encourage employees to view the online education offerings and direct hybrid members to the Hybrid Learning Channel.